Monday, September 10, 2007
I am back. Back to the statistically number one honest country in the world.
By this time ( after living here over 1 year) I know all the airports, I know all the buses to take, I know from where to take the train, the roads are familiar... It's very easy now to NOT get excited.

Right now I am inside the train to Oulu. I have just called Shanila, and I could almost picture her answering my phone call !!! I had started missing her deadly as soon as my plane started taxing from Dhaka Airport. I am missing my mom, my friends and my kingly life back in Dhaka.

Hei, let me get out of this "emo-trap" and talk about the "euro-trip".

The airpots:
------------------
Dubai airpot was much cleaner and bigger and less dence than Abu Dhabi one!

Greetings at Dubai Airport


View from Dubai Departure room


Frankfurt airport seemed really big and busy.

Frankfurt


Train inside the airport, Frankfurt


Helsinki airport was as usual ... empty :)



"Hmm" part:
------------------
When I entered Dhaka airport, I saw a huge line in front of a boarding desk. I was praying...please tell me this is not my boaring desk. Well, it was :(

But then came a guy towards me from no where. I paid him 200 bucks ( he claimed 250) and I found myself after only 3 people and guess what? The luggage of 26.4kg (Ups) was taken without a word !! ( I had allowance of 20kg only!!)

Hmmm... tell me how to say to myself "NOT GUILTY" when I know paying and taking bribe are equal crimes.


Interesting part:
------------------
Did you know in Frankfurt airport, there is a train to inside the airport to move from one terminal to another?

Hei, I have a full video of around 1 minute trip. I will put it here soon ( Cant upload so much data from train trough cell phone)

Scary part:
------------------
At the departure gate in Dubai airport, one stupid guy ( By skin tone, I think he was Bangladeshi) ruined my relaxation totally. He checked my boarding pass and asked for some documents to prove that I work. Finally, he was not satisfied and took my passport off me ( That is really really scary!!!) and told me that he would keep it to

make a copy. I asked him again, are you sure you want me to get in the departure room leaving my passport here? I hated him when he nodded.

It was a loooooooooong 45 mintues until I heard my name announced and got my passport back !!!

Coolest part:
------------------
I was really prepared to have a shitty flight from Dhaka to Dubai. Because, you know, those labors usually fly through this route. And my last experiences about Dhaka-Abu Dhabi flights were totally crappy. But this time...woooooo. It was cool, clean and to my complete disbelieve, it had the LCD tv thing. I enjoyed the full spiderman-3 movie.( I thought some hard core action will help me to forget my sadness)

Cool part:
------------------
At Frankfurt I had the quickest immigration ever guessed !!
I was entering Europe through Frankfurt, so I expected a looong holding at Frankfurt immigration.
But..woow.. the immigration gate was totally empty, and the officer lazily took my passport, opened the VISA page

and asked 'Where r u going?', I said "helsinki" and what the... he returned the passport. NO seal on the passport, no query.. it was just a few seconds.

And of course in Helsinki there was no passport checking at all. (Because I was already in Europe.)



Not cool part:
------------------
I could not get window seats in Dhaka - Dubai and Dubai frankfurt flights :(
(BUt I had asked for it )
I wished I could see the deserts again.


Cold part:
------------------
It felt sooooo cold at Helsinki !! I am sure the temparature was over zero and before I could handle it quite

comfortably. But after coming from Dhaka, I was really shivering !!!


Well, here I am. Back to Europe - First world country - country of lakes - country of least corruption - one of the

richest country.
But all these attributes are appearing to me as "bla bla" now.
Call me old fashioned... call me stupid...
But I started counting the day when I will go back to Bangladesh !!
I am not stupid that I wont enjoy my stay in Finland, But I will still wait for the first possible chance to go back to MY COUNTRY !!


Gagan
Intercity Train 83
Local time 8:45
Finland
 
posted by Gagan at 9/10/2007 07:08:00 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger geteamon

    I welcome you to Finland though I am not in Finland :P Wishing you very good days here again.

    Craving for a life like a king is not stupidity but it depends on individuals how he likes to be a king. I think you know very well how you want to be :)

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Gagan

    Guys dont try to understand what Eamon is saying, you might be confused.

    Yes, Eamon, I know some ways to live kingly!!I m sure u know some too!! Think about the rainy day when u read the novel 'doiroth' :)

     
  • At 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Ghumer moddhe ki koila thik mone nai :(
    n e way bujtei partesy bou chara finland boroi joima ase ( obosso oitar weather emnei joima thake )
    Thanx for the call