Friday, May 04, 2007
Some one may argue that Wappu is not the biggest festival in Finland, but I think even they will agree, Wappu is the most alive festival in Finland. Because it mostly involves the young students.

After being on the streets, I have to say, engineering students enjoy the most fun. There are lots of stuffs arranged for them, by them. Other students also hang around too, but the town is full of events presented by the eng. students. See the Wappu schedule !

Like every other festival, you need a gang to have fun. The first day I was alone, roaming around the city. It was completely boring. It was interesting, coz I am in a festival that I have never seen before, but yet boring. I mean, how can you "be in a festival" alone ! Good news is, in the night, I got companies and I had lots of fun. I think if you are alone, it is even hard to scream :D

The best part of Wappu was surely the bus69. Damn.. it was so great! Tuomas told me, this bus 69 is an exclusive fun in Oulu only. No other citites have this kinda bus. Koool ! Great to be in Oulu.



Traditionally, in most of the cities, where there is a university, some common events are arranged. For example, Wappu magazines and first year students swimming. But there are some exclusive events in different cities. In Helsinki, there is a crane that dips the students into the water !
Collected from interent. I guess this is Helsinki


And here is Wappu magazine in Oulu. A huge glue tube, and inside is a rolled magazine full of comics, jokes etc. etc.


Here is the swimming video in Oulu, where poor first year boys and girls have to jump in the dirty cold water !



Here is another video which I took near "The Fat Policeman" where ppl ( I guess they paid for it) sat on a small seat, and then another one suddenly take that off, and ppl fall into a water bucket :D


Well Wappu 2007 is over. I wish I had the new camera before this event, so that I could share good quality pics, well at least we have something :)



See also:

Wappu - Episode 1 - The Expectation
Wappu - Episode 2 - The Preparation
 
posted by Gagan at 5/04/2007 02:20:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: