Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Sometimes when you wake up, you feel this is not an usual busy morning! Sometimes it happens to you when you go to bed in the night. When I took the first sip in the tea mug this morning, I knew it is going to be a different morning today ! And it was !

I was listening to a radio, I was listening to the music.. I didnt choose the track, so I could never guess what music will be played next. I was enjoying the uncertainity. Next to me was a cloudy sky! So down to earth, I feel like I can grab some gray stuff from my window ! Every single sip of the tea slowed down the time ! I completely freed myself from all sorts of "busy-ness" ... all sorts of duties... I heard some birds ! And I felt the different morning, when thoughts are only companions of urs.

I thought about my father. I dont know why, I saw him reading newspaper. This still picture of him reading a newspaper with deepest concentration has something so peaceful that it almost meditated me. I saw my mother, watching tv, lying down on the green sofa...spreading her hair over the pillow... I could completely see her round glasses, her eye brow.. her nose.. her light blue dress...I stared at the beautiful lady with impossible love ! Then I went to my sister's room. She was sitting on the floor, in front of the huge mirror...with careless dresses..her fluffy curly hair. I saw her trying to mix some sort of yellow beautifying powder and puting on her face. I saw her turning into a funny stupid yellow ghost! I was standing at her door! She started talking looking at the mirror. I could hear her.. not words, just voice! I smiled ! I walked back, went to the main door, opened it and went down the stairs... no one noticed !


I went downstairs, the guard at our apartment gate greeted me and suddenly I am amidst of a crowd of busy ppl. A busy street hawker, A lazy rickshaw driver looking at me with empty eyes, A school boy with torn out shoes walking with a huge school bag, a small street kiosk selling cigerretes, cars blowing horns and making their ways... I saw them all... I smelt them all.. Then I jumped on a rickshaw.. with a smile i said to the young driver, "Shamnei" ( Just a little forward).

I told him to take the left road. He started paddling fast.. I could feel the breeze, I could see myself in the most dense city in the whole world. I could see people sweating, I could see some laughing couples, I could see a beggar begging...I saw traffic signals.. red...yellow..green...yellow...red.. I was roaming around the Dhaka city! My beloved ugly city!

I almost counted every single day I was not at home. Two hundred and ninety two days! Two hundred and nintety two !!

I finished drinking the tea and started reading a Bangla novel "Brishti Bilash" - Humayun Ahmed. Completely meaningless story, yet I loved it so much. Every single page of the pdf told me about the people suffering there, the suffererings I saw only there, not here... the city, the streets appeared just infront of my eyes ! I swallowd every single word and interestingly I cried thrice... for nothing... or may be for everything !

I sat quiet for a long time having finished the novel. I saw the sky turning into gray and more gray. It started snowing in the spring !! I didnt mind at all. I rather felt a blessing!

I smiled to myself, to my loneliness... I kinda caressed my adorable lonliness and let it hide deep into me again. I stood up from the sofa, and let myself become the Gagan that people know. I stepped out of the my door and started the day. Two hundred and ninety two-th day !!
 
posted by Gagan at 5/01/2007 01:32:00 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    outstanding imagination! i rarely got such privilege to read such writing in my whole life! reader can feel ur loneliness thru de strength of ur expression. & this reader pre-assummed ur loneliness from "free hug"! let ur loneliness give birth to urself!!

     
  • At 1:47 AM, Blogger Gagan

    :)

    This time I didnt feel flirted. thank you.

    But who are you by the way????