Friday, January 30, 2009
Tooth breaking title !! But look at this map first !!

Look's like a master plan of me, Gagan, taking control of a huge part of the world !!

The map was sent by Bartek ! I got permission from him to share the email he sent me! Here you go !!

Hei my friend :)

Do you know what I have been recently told on one of my satelite navigation lecture?? That GAGAN is Indian Space Based Augmentation System (SBAS) known as GPS aided Geosynchronous Augmentation System (GAGAN). Augmentation systems are designed to improve one or more qualities of a GNSS (Global navigation satellite system), such as accuracy, robustness, and signal availability. Satellite-based augmentation systems (SBASes) augment core satellite constellations by providing ranging, integrity and correction information, which increase accuracy, reliability, and availability of GNSS positioning. SBAS information is broadcast via transponders on geostationary satellites in the same band as the core constellations.

Did you know about that??

When I saw your name on one of the slides with borderlines of the range of this system I imagined it as a huge country ruled by GAGAN :) and smiled :)

I attached a similar picture. If you want more information just google it: gagan sbas :)

CU
Bartek

Gagan

P.S. I hope no one minds about uploading that map image, no information found about the source
 
posted by Gagan at 1/30/2009 01:53:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: