Friday, November 14, 2008
Happiness!! Isn't that a strange term, a single term that actually might sum up the whole meaning of life!!

Lets say, from most religious point of view, what's the point of life? To serve God, to do good things, ultimately to 'win' happiness at heaven!!

Buddhism is not really a religion, in the sense that there is no God!! But the goal is the ultimate happiness.. the Nirvana !!

People who do not believe in God, live their lives just for one objective... for happiness.

There are workaholic people, who know nothing but working, coz it's their way of having happiness!!

And there are those people who are just leading life , I guess life does not mean much to them.. mainly because they don't know how to feel happiness.

I, myself, sometimes feel tensed about my work, worry about my future plans, get stressed about building a great career... sometimes pressure from these are so heavy that I actually forget about happiness.

However, recently I heard one interesting information about happiness.

Why do you think kids are so happy?

Before I tell what I heard about the answer, let me copy paste from an article.

In adults it has perhaps 100 billion neurons, each connected to its neighbours by 5000 synapses or so. A brain can make and break a million new connections each second. It can store information for more than a century if you live that long, automatically cataloguing, re-filing and editing as needed. It can reconstruct our surroundings using a range of sensors that sample vibration, electromagnetic radiation, chemicals and pressure, and prioritise in milliseconds what might be of interest or concern.
(source: newsceintists)



Back to the question , Why do you think kids are so happy?
The answer I heard is, because they are learning all the time !!

I kinda liked the answer. Learning is definitely fun. Well, not that learning which are forced (like what your most boring teacher in your school). But think about how much fun it was when you visited a new place when you are a kid. When you tried to learn more about your hobbies. How much fun it was to read a new story!!

Ok, I am coming to the end of this post now. If our feelings are because of a processing of billions of neurons, the more you play with it, the more active it is, the more you learn, I guess the more happy you will be. If you are bored someday, I guess, I will advice you to learn something about whatever makes you interested about.

Have fun :)
 
posted by Gagan at 11/14/2008 01:45:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: