Friday, October 12, 2007
Yesterday night, I was walking to the store in the evening. I was thinking normal day stuffs. Today what am I going to have for dinner, when should I start for the work tomorrow bla bla..
Then I called Nafis vai to check out when is the Eid.

He said, yes, it is tomorrow !

Tomorrow ?
Tomorrow is Eid ??

I had no mental preparation !! There is no loud music anywhere... there is no laughter and joyful chaos anywhere..no crowd... no children running around.. and tomorrow is Eid ??

Well, you cannot get everything in one life I guess :)

Eid Mubarak everyone !!
Today was my third eid abroad..alone.
As a matter of fact, it went quite well !!

The morning started with the snow !!
The first snow that stayed on the ground for a while !!
The first time the road became white by small white flakes !!

Then I put on the new 'fotua' I was saving for the Eid and headed for Asemakatu 5, for the eid gathering!!
Quite a lot of ppl were there !

Different dress codes, different countries, different colors... one Eid



After the prayer, people hugging !

Imam, the leader, is giving away the gifts among the kids



One kid


Carpets removed, tables and chairs coming in ...
Ting ting... feast time !!!
Though the food ran short, but how can a Eid day start without food ? :)



I used Murad vai to take a pic of mine !!

The rest of my day was fun too !
After a short working day, I did some shopping.
I had bought a lot of lights and an iron and made my lil home nicer... closer to the way I always wanted it :)
It was fun...

The day ended with Shup's cooking (using my shoppings, but no, he is not my wife :D haha) !!
He cooked absolutely great polao and chicken rejala !!
They were superb !! :)

Not a bad day, ha??

Eid mubarak evry one again !!
:)

Gagan
12 October 2007
Friday
 
posted by Gagan at 10/12/2007 10:44:00 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger Rezwan

    Eid Mubarak to you and your family from Germany. :)

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Gagan

    Hello Rezwan !!
    Eid mubarak to you too !
    You have a quite nice and "shomriddho" bangla blog !!

    Interesting!! How did you find me !?

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Rezwan

    I stumbled on to your blog while surfing on the web.

    And while you are away from Desh your yearnings for Desh and Deshis become stronger. :)

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Gagan

    True !! True !!
    But not for everyone. There are some Bangladeshis who are trying hard to get the Deshi labels off as much as they can !!

    Anyways, keep blogging :)