Sunday, May 06, 2007

Here is the review and sample pictures of sony DSC T10.

Outdoor portrait was quite good. Background nicely blurred.
(Auto mode, flash off)

By the way, T10 doesnt have any scene mode as portrait. It has "twilight portrait" mode, for low light portrait.

Low light portrait. I will say this is quite good.
(Auto mode, flash off)

I was really impressed by the low light pictures. This was taken in a bar, in a very low light situation. But the picture came sharp and perfectly lighted.
(Auto mode, flash off)

Testing a new mode called "Magnifying glass". It is to focus on even closer object than in Macro mode. It is my blanket !!In Macro mode, it captures a minimum area of 1.18 x 0.88 inches (30 x 22 millimeters). In magnifying glass mode, its minimum macro coverage drops to an astonishing 0.29 x 0.22 inches (7.5 x 5.6 mm)!

Image stabilization is backing me up, coz Sometimes I have to drag my camera out of my pocket and shoot without any delay...Without image stabilzation those fast shots would become blur!

Of course this camera doesnt have any manual control. But you can wisely use those scene modes and MAY get closely to what you want. To get the slowest shutter speed, I used "fireworks" mode, I think it can give me max 1 sec. Not great, but well, its ultra compact camera ! what can u expect. ( Fireworks mode, flash off)

Bad sides

• If flash is used, be cent percent sure to see red eye.

Auto Flash, Auto mode, Red eye reduction on

• No advance feature that current similar cameras has, like panaroma support, stop motion support etc.
  • It has an octopus cable. I have no clue why Sony has decided to make one tangled cable with all the ports ( TV, USB all together). Its ugly and disgusting to carry :(

• Like most ultra compact cameras you have to take the battery out of the camera and charge it in a separate charger. So if you are on travel, you have to carry a cigerette box size charger too.

Best sides

Very fast start up and minimum shutter lag
Optical image stabilization in folded lens
Lens cover is protecitve and just dragging it down makes the camera ready to shoot
Superbly slim with superbly stylish body

posted by Gagan at 5/06/2007 01:50:00 PM | Permalink |

0 Comments: