Sunday, September 21, 2008
If traits pass through genetic hierarchy, could it be that the fun I get from writing, came from my father?

My father has not got enough "opportunity" for very high education, you will not be impressed when he talks in dialects, he suffers from lack of words and has to look up in dictionaries often ... but yet, he used to spend hours to know more. I had even seen him trying to read the huuuuge volumes of Bangla children Encyclopedia (!). I believe he could not finish it, but he dared to start. And I have not so far found anyone else having more dictionaries than him. And the way he honors someone having a Ph.D. is amazing.

However, Bangladesh is a tough place and I had seen him getting more and more into the material world. His library stopped getting more books from him. When I started my university studies, I found him almost never having time to read (and write). It was a bit sad, and I have none but a rough society to blame.

Am I talking too much? Am I just praising my father just because I am his son? Well, may be :)

Today I am writing, because I have found that he is still writing. Well, only Bangla readers may try to check it out. It's in today's The Daily Ittefaq (21.10.08, page 5). You can find it here http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2008/09/21/news0071.htm (I had problems to open this using Firefox, use Internet explorer). If you yet have problems with bangla font, you can try this pdf.

It's good to see my father, MD. Abdul Gofur Prodhan, back to writing. I believe he will go back to his reading enthusiasm soon.

Gagan
21 Septempber 08
Sunday
 
posted by Gagan at 9/21/2008 10:58:00 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I also hope Abbu goes back to reading and writing. I never had 1%patience of him in reading. Do you remember he used to read constantly sitting on the chair on the balcony day after day and night after night constantly. If he goes after something he gets it done. If he can use his strength and patience I'm sure he will do wonder...... Shetu