Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Last week (Ups, quite late post) we were invited by Kaisa. Interestingly she was the first colleague in Finland so far to invite at home. Actually I had been to some of my colleagues' homes but always with some todos, not like this.

It was a superbly warm welcome for Shanila as well! Kaisa and her boyfriend were both amazingly nice. Her boyfriend told right ... after visiting their place, Shanila is done with Finland, nothing more to know.. they had treated us with traditional food (potato-salmon), salmiakki (check below), fresh finnish strawberries, icecream, coffee and lots of history and culture chat.

But hei, guess what? I forgot to take pics of the great dinner :(
Something is wrong with my shooting. As I told before, I am not now-a-days carrying my cam all the time. Even when I carry I am not shooting all the time !!



Salmiakki, the trademark candy of Finland, which Finns love but foreigners hate


But to our great surprise, Shanila seems to be quite ok with its taste.
I refused immediately after tasting and I thought may be Shanila was being polite that time.
Later I asked her, and it really seems she kinda liked it !! Hmm! very strange!!


Kaisa and I used to take coffee breaks at work together and shared many interesting thoughts about many things. She started her summer holidays and after that going to start working in another project. So I guess I am not gonna see her in my coffee breaks and I m definitely gonna miss that !!

N Hey Kaisa , many many thanks from both of us for the absolutely warm treat !!

 
posted by Gagan at 7/15/2008 12:51:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: