Monday, May 14, 2007
First day at ARDITES... I already have a temporary electronic key, so i can enter the 'restricted zone' now. Soon they wil give me my own key.

Today I met the secretary and she introduced me with the basic rules and places around the office. I was impressed by the organization structure, as it should be for a big company. This kitchen is cool (and it has free chochlate bars too ;) ) . There is a super cool restaurant downstairs, which is absoultely free for the employees. I have checked the menu, usual lunch for outsiders would cost there at least 8.5 euros. The secretary girl was not sure if I can get the lunch benefit, as I m an external. There is even a shower underground, so if I come cylcing in summer, I may want to use that !!

ARDITES premises is quite secured. Well, you cannot really come up the office floor unless you have the electronic pass or someone brings u, coz the lift doesnt work without ID. There are other levels of secured zones inside. Neat and organized. Tomorrow there is even a security meeting. I was asked to join that.

What am I going to do here ? Well, coding :)
I have signed the NDA today, so dont ask me any more about the projects please. To meet your curiosity, it will be in Java micro edition, just as I expected and wanted.


At first look, people seemed to be very busy, completely into the computers, and serious. Well after a few hours, they seem to be really nice and friendly. I liked everyone here! So far, I have found myself as the only foreigner, so people have to speak english just for me :D My project manager, Pekka Aho, appeard to be a nice happy guy :)

Well, right now I am waiting to get a computer for me and passwords for the intra network. I have got an old machine just to spend some time. I decided to write blog as u can see :)

Anyways...
First day as an external here seems pretty impressive so far.
 
posted by Gagan at 5/14/2007 12:41:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: