Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Sunday was the first skate of this year...

Well, i fell ONLY once !
I guess I remember some from last year's first tries :D

Yesss... the proof... the brown guys can skate tooo !!


I felt like I m learning how to walk ! Soo hard to keep balance on the knees :D
About to fall here !


Xia moon walking

(Good to have her there, otherwise who would document that I can skate :D)

Here is a video too !!




Tips for someone who has never done skating before, I am giving you 'formulas' :)
  • - Dont be afraid to fall... accept the fact that you will fall many times. Believe that falling is part of the fun

  • - It will be really hard at the beginning, still try to keep the knees a bit bended. I remember at the first day, it was impossible for me to bend knees, I was trying to stand straight. Bending knees will give you more control later.

  • - Try to fall forward, rather backward. At the beginning you will tend to fall backward.. try to bring your center of gravity forward and keep knees bended. Soon you will be surprised to learn to keep your balance.

  • - After you learn to stand, try to move your balance to one leg only and then the other. When you walk, you shift your weight from one leg to another. Try the same trick here. First stand on leg one, now push forward with the other leg and try to keep your full balance on leg one. Very soon you will get the idea and you will be able to move fast.

  • - Dont even try to stop at the beginning. Just stop pushing and you will slow down and stop. Stopping is hard, so at the beginning dont frustrate yourself by trying to stop.
I got these tips from different people on different days... I have got many many other tips, but these are the keys to learn skating. I do pretty well remember how I learnt it, so it is easier for me to tell you.

Happy skating..again...dont be afraid to fall :)

Labels: ,

 
posted by Gagan at 1/29/2008 11:04:00 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 4:20 AM, Blogger chiya

    I really like that picture you took, it looks neat because I never skate on an outdoors rink so it looks neat.

    Some good tips there, especially about bending knees!

    Have fun skating!