Friday, September 01, 2006
Did You read the story "The Road Back" by Erich Maria Remarque?
The soldier who came back to his home town.. he came back from war..
He felt the change in the city..or the change in himself..
He felt that the rhythm is missing..
Once reading a novel in his room in the night was the meaning of life..
But he cant find any interest now..
Tough world out there took the simplicity of his life..

Now he cannot feel easy with the changed life at home...
In his home country he is now feeling like a foreigner..

He dont even want to get back to from where he had been.. the war..

I read this book when i was a kid.
When I was 14/15 !!
I almost dont remember the story..

I just rememebered the guy..
He came to me in the fog of my memory..

He came to me
Because I am probably feeling the same

 
posted by Gagan at 9/01/2006 08:29:00 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Dear Gagan-mama,

    I find all your writings very interesting - I enjoyed them all.
    I wish I could express myself like
    you.
    I can feel with my own life what you mean by "The road back". I have come to the conclusion that there is no "road back" - only "road forward" in this life.
    Wish you find your 'own'way again.
    - Boromama.