Monday, August 21, 2006
What on earth is wrong with Russia !!

I was lucky lukcy lucky lucky enough.
2 days ago, before I bought my train ticket to Helsinki I rechecked my Aeroflot plane ticket online ( www.amadeus.net) it was as usual.. Next flight from Helsinki at August 22.

Today, I dont know why, may be God told me to, I checked my ticket status again...and what the hell?? 2 of my flights are missing.. only 1 flight, Biman.. from Delhi to Dhaka!!

I started sweating! I will start for Helsinki in less than 24 hours and now looks like I dont have any booking for the ticket !!!

I immediately searched for Aeroflot office number at Helsinki. Found one. N called there.. no one answered !!
I was really really sweating.

I started calling my sister, to ask her to call at my travel agent back in Bangladesh.
She didnot answer too. May be she was teaching in the class!!

Damn!!

It was horrbile moments! What could go wrong? I checked it just two days before.. how come it vanished in two days???

I finally called to Dhaka, my travel agent's office.
I asked for Mr. Faysal, he was my agent all these times.

They told me, sorry, he quit his job at 15 August!!

Nice!! Nice!!
I could almost hear the cruel smile of reality.
Problem never comes alone, he come with a gang! A big nasty gang !!

They gave me connection with another guy in the office.

He became surprised too.
He said the booking was cancelled because of lack of reconfirmation!!

What??

I asked you before i came, should I reconfirm? No one said me to do so!!
Even ppl in office also told me, if I have the return date fixed and written, its not necessary.

Also bustard Aeroflot's ticket validity is only 4 months !

I eagerly asked, do something. I dont even have 24 hours.

They asked me a lot of information, like ticket number , flight number etc.
I didnt have the ticket with me.

But thanks God, I have a habit to be "ONLINE-frick" .. I saved that previous booking page in my gmail.

I told him what was the flight numbers etc etc...
and thanks god again, still there were seats available.

Finally i got it ready ( I GUESS)

I can see online my flights again.

Fweeeuuhh !!

God saved me again !!

I wonder what would happen to me if I went to helsinki without checking, and found that, my ticket was cancelled !!
Cant imagine the horror...

One piece of advice...

Never Russia ..
Never Aeroflot ..

Gagan
 
posted by Gagan at 8/21/2006 03:34:00 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    everyone told u not 2 choose russia!!!but u choose it anyway...so now u learn it the hard way!!hopefully u wont make the same mistake twice!!

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Koisilaam na, to screw Russia from the very begining!!! Bhalo kotha koile to gae lage naa!!! Ekhon nijer guae nijei pahar thelli!!!

    Shup

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    even i said u it's a bad airport!
    and me's just 15 yrs old =D