Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Do you know the Finnish translation for baby ?
It's "wawa"!


I guess it could not be named better ... "wawa" :D

My colleague Juhani has just become father. So I asked what are you going to name your daughter? He replied, 'I won't tell you before the name day' !!

On name day, the baby is officially named with some sort of ceremony, usually in church. Looks like before that you are not allowed to say anyone the baby's name!

I asked, so what do you call her now?
He said, "Just baby .. Wawa"

Gagan

(Note: The actual spelling in Finnish is "vauva" In Finnish, it is pronounced as "Wawa". I wrote "wawa" before to avoid any confusion to read.)
 
posted by Gagan at 4/01/2008 02:01:00 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    baby Wawa, great name .