Friday, August 13, 2010
I dont know exactly why, but my last few posts were mostly about sharing interesting news from around. Little came out from my personal life... here is one I could not help sharing!

We had very special visitors last week. They were special because they were from my family tree, and some who knew me from my very childhood. They were my maternal uncle (Boromama) and his family from the Netherlands.

I was not that worried how we would handle four extra people at my place, I was sure it would be fun. But it turned out to be much more interesting than I had expected.

In those few days I came close to my uncle more than ever. It was very intriguing to spend some time with a programmer from 70's, we had many things in common. I was surprised to able to share my books about string theory, quantum physics. He was able to share some hard earned philosophy (just to give a clue... if every person is unique, there must be some unique thing he cannot fully share, and therefore every person must be alone somewhere). I saw some shadow of him in myself and I guess we both realized it.

Of course my aunt immediately took care of the home with her motherly figure. I was relieved of my 'fixed job', dish washing :D. She noticed what tiny things we were missing in our new home, and guess what.. she bought those for us.

I had very good times with my cousin, a first year university student. He surely surprised me with the strategies he employed in the first game of 'Tigris and Euphrates'. We kept trying to find gaps to play more games, but well... time flew faster than we could keep up with. I also learned some great opposite chess from him. A great fun quick game where the goal is... you guessed, to feed the pieces. The one looses the last piece (in any order, not necessarily the king) first, wins!

My other cousin, the teenage girl, reminded me of my own teenage time... shy and very introvert. I tried to let her feel comfortable being in her own world most of the times. Hopefully she enjoyed her time here.

What I didnot expect is how they liked Oulu, we were afraid of presenting a city with no highrise building, no nice city place to visit...but once we roamed around, they appreciated it so much to be close to the nature, the landscape full of lakes and trees. From their enthusiasm, I was like... hei, I didnt know this place I live in is soo cool!

Time appeared to run fast in those seven days. I took few days off from work, and it surely worth it.

Did I bore you with my personal stuff? I am not sorry in that case, coz these were my some precious moments that I wanted to save and share!

 
posted by Gagan at 8/13/2010 09:12:00 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Loginbd

    DR guy....I don't know you at all...Some how i view your blog where i noticed your marriage picture. And those picture bring me here to write a comment to you...What a amazing picture are those, What a sweet wife, what a beautiful celebration of a ceremony...To me you are one of the most luckiest guys int he earth.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Gagan

    Hello commenter!
    I do get struck by numerous problems and struggles... however, yet... as you said, I try to tell myself, I am
    one of the luckiest guys... I guess being lucky is all about 'defining lucky'. Anyways... thank you :)

    Do you have any blog where I can read more about u? :)

    (You should see my favorite x files episode "The Goldberg Variation", it's about the luckiest man on the planet http://www.space.com/sciencefiction/tv/xfiles_706_991213.html)