Thursday, October 15, 2009
I was waiting eagerly for the last few months for October 15, expected release date for Txtr ebook reader. The spec was really pushing me to grab one as soon as it gets out. However, there was no price information or full spec until today.

Well, http://reader.txtr.com/en/ says
  • Price: 319€
  • Order by: December 1st
  • Delivered from: December 15th

Txtr reader

Hmm, the device is does not come cheap. I expected it would offer a super deal to drag ebook reader market towards it from kindle/sony reader.

Delivery date from December 15th!! Hmm, targeted to holiday season shoppers! Wish it would get out earlier, I could give a second thought to buy it for myself as my birthday gift ;)

Oh a quick look at the things that interested me:
  • 6-inch 600×800 screen
  • e-Ink (of course! main motivation: no eye strain)
  • Very good connectivity: Wifi, Edge, bluetooth
  • Capacitive touch ( I don't really like resistive touch, where you actually sometimes have to push hard)
  • Good CPU (should help to change the pages faster)
  • I read it will have an API, so developers can make apps for it (cool!)
  • Best part, It should be able to read any pdf. I hope the reality is the same as advertised.

Well, waiting seems to be not over yet. I want to hold myself a bit longer to see the first reactions from lucky front line users. Counting for the day to be able to read any pdf (specially Bangla ebooks) for hours 'without eye strain' lying on the couch.

Labels:

 
posted by Gagan at 10/15/2009 01:36:00 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Shahan

    too costly!

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Nasif Abdur Razzaque

    Very expensive man!

    Nasif

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Gagan

    Indeed very expensive...

    There is a rumor about Asus Ebook reader, which is supposed to come with dual 'color' screen (hope no eye strain like in B&W) and cheaper than any model in the market.

    Let's see whether the rumor comes to be true!