Sunday, November 18, 2007
This year my birthday was quite fun actually !

I had a stupidly busy and exhausting day at work.
I was happy to get out at 4:30. Then I ran to the market near the harbor to buy red hot dry chillies..
I have 10 ppl to feed :), starting at 7 !
Good to have Shup at home, I asked him to start making the food !

Shup, making 3 dishes all by himself


While I was busy making the cake and messing the place
(and finally cleaning)


Tada... My cake ready !

I had to be fast, but good that it turned to be quite a good one :P


Shup, the guy standing and from his left, Akseli, Saija, Tanja, Me, (Of course behind the camera), Elina, Sakari (almost hidden), Chamari, Sandun and Xia


We started with Bengali spiced version of french onion "HOT" soup
Some started crying :D
For me, it was nice warm spicy great soup..mm

Then the main course, Potato-egg mashed with mustard oil,
Chicken curry and rice.
Akseli trying to learn to use chopsticks
He tried to learn bengali style too with bare hands.

Tanja trying with hands


Here i m... and the best part of a birthday..
The birthday cake

Time to have some fun.. we started with chicken game
Really funny !! (Check sakaris hands)

Then we started Guess the word game.
Saija is trying to make her group say the word "Monalisa"...
Of course she can act only, and no sound !


My word was Shup !!
Shup was standing right next to me, but I couldnt just point to him :@
It was fun trying to act like him haha
I finally made them understand by showing long hair :D


Elina is trying to be a "Virus"
Quite a tough word, I must say !
We had tried many rounds with really tough words !
Like "Independence day", "Engine", "Pepsi", "Anything" !

And snow fight !!! Hittng sakke here !

And of course the hardest part of all.. a huge pile of dishes to be cleaned !!
It took me solid one hour on the sink !

After all, it was really really fun !

I have lots of videos. If you had been in this party, you surely will enjoy them.
But if you hadnt been, mm.. yet might be fun for you too :)
Here is the video collection in youtube:



 
posted by Gagan at 11/18/2007 10:27:00 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger geteamon

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger geteamon

    The party seems to be very nice. You people had lots of fun I think.

    Hey ggn, you look nice in that fotua. I remember I strongly recommended you to buy that one while I was with you in Aziz super market :P

    Happy birthday once again.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey, belated greetings :) Another party I shouldn't have missed...