Saturday, June 23, 2007
"This sauce will blow you away ! Use it at your own risk !"


When I read this on the bottle, I didnt really give attention. Hah? You are telling me to be carefull about Hotness ? What do you know about spices and hotness :D?


So I took the bottle from one guy of ARDITES, and tried to pour one drop on my finger. It was quite thick and no drop came out. So i used a fork to poke into it and i got a tiny little red stuff just on the tip of the fork. I was about to poke again, to get some more, Pekka said, i think that will be enough !!

hehe , really ? ok let me see. and I put it in my mouth !..

I felt nothing.. i was tapping my tounge to feel more..

There were three guys in the kitchen curiosly watching me.. a few seconds gone.. i was about to say, hmm.. i dont feel anything...


But then whooops!! it started burning !! yes, seriusly burning !!
Suddenly it reached to such level of burning that I didnt expect at all!!
I had a coffee cup in my hand.. but coffee didnt seem to have any effect on that burning..
I even felt my eyes getting wet.. and the nose too..
It lasted over 5 mintues..
yes, It was the stongest hotness I have ever felt...

I have tested kinda similar hotness after eating some coutry side curries, but u have to eat a lot of curry to get this level !

And here I had just put one tiiiiiiiiiiiny drop ( size of the tip of a fork)

Well, later I was checking the picture I took and I read it was 357,000 scoville !! Check this rating !


Scoville rating Type of pepper
15,000,000–16,000,000 Pure capsaicin
9,100,000 Nordihydrocapsaicin






350,000–577,000 Red Savina Habanero




100,000–200,000 Jamaican Hot Pepper
50,000–100,000 Thai Pepper, Malagueta Pepper, Chiltepin Pepper




7,000–8,000 Tabasco Sauce (Habanero)
5,000–10,000 Wax Pepper
2,500–8,000 Jalapeño Pepper






600–800 Tabasco Sauce (Green Pepper)








Gagan


What is that scoville ?
The Scoville scale is a measure of the "hotness", or more correctly, piquancy, of a chili pepper. These fruits of the Capsicum genus contain capsaicin, a chemical compound which stimulates chemoreceptor nerve endings in the skin, especially the mucus membranes. The number of Scoville heat units (SHU) indicates the amount of capsaicin present. Many hot sauces
use their Scoville rating in advertising as a selling point. The scale is named after its creator, American chemist Wilbur scholville

 
posted by Gagan at 6/23/2007 02:53:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: