Thursday, February 22, 2007
Hanna, you made it the best morning ever in Finland.

It was like this, I woke up listening the birds chirping, of course not real, it was a 25 min track of birds in my iPod.

Then I was waiting for bus 4, a sunny beautiful morning .. golden lights, -22 degree, fresh breath.

Bus 4 came and I got into it, Just then I felt some one pulling my jacket !
Hm ? what ? where?

And I found a little girl at the very front seat, Finnish looking kid, grinning at me ?


Hm ? What ? Did I do something wrong? Had I mistakenly put my foot on her toy rat or something?

Hey Looks like she is inviting me to sit beside her ! Hm ? I was surprised, but didnt miss the chance. I sat beside her and smiled.

I was trying to say " Hey Little girl, whats up?"

All that came to my brain is "Mita kulu" How are you?

She seemed confused. I asked again. She grinned and Said Hyva something.. I understood she said she is fine or something.

I wanted to say so many things !
Whats your name? Are you going to school ? Why did u stop me to sit by you ? Can you speak english ?

All I could do is smiling. She was also smiling showing her rabbit teeth.

I dragged my phone out and took a pic. I showed how the pic came.

Now she became really happy. She said something. I kept smiling and saying No by shaking my heads left-right.

We were just looking at each other...smiling.

Then she took her cute schoolbag out and dragged a book. Hm? Does she want to show her drawing or something. I leaned towards her to take a closer look.

She was turing pages after pages, looks like she was looking for something. I was looking at the book with interest.. very kiddish book, full of pics and her pencil drawings.

Hey ! Havent I just seen some english ? I looked closer .
Hey , yes there are some english texts .

She went to the last pages and I found english to finnish translations and vice versa ! Great !! Good ! Now we can talk.

Then we both tried to talk using her book.

I came to know her name is Hanna.
She is 10 years old.
She studies in a school called Myllyoja ( Not sure, most probably I heard something like that).
She lives in Kajanarjo, quite close to my place.

I gave her my phone number and web address.

I opened my cap , she too. We were laughing at our hairs:D
I tried to take a pic using the glass separting the bus driver from us ( we sat on the front seats). She helped me by jumping closer to me:D
Finally I had to jump off the bus, this was the first time I really didnt want to get down the bus in Fin. After how many days I talked with kid so freely !!

I got down and I waited until the bus left. I waved my hand...bye bye..she too.

I started walking to office. Then shit ! I forgot my cap. The second one. I had already lost one.

In a min I became excited again, I gave her my phone, if she notices my cap, she may call. That would be great. I will get chance to talk with the kid more.

In fact I am planning to take 8:30 bus 4 again and again to increase my chance to meet her.



Wish to meet you again Hanna
 
posted by Gagan at 2/22/2007 09:09:00 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: