Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Bartek told me he came to know this weekend there is a good chance for northern light !

I kept my eyes open.
Saterday night I was in a party and couldnt check it !

Sunday night the sky was not clear !!

Last night ( sunday night) I was watching "Cars" the animated movie.
Then suddenly i looked outside from my 7th floor... I saw the stars twinkling.
hm..stars.. that means the sky is clear !!

hm..that means...

I looked left.. north is that side of window..
I looked up ..

CRAP !!!

what the hell !!

I jumped out of my bed.. turned of the light...and shit !!

It was a strong greenish light over the north sky !!
The sky is like a big glass bowl upside down.. and some one had put some glowing green jelly over the bowl !!
And with a blow the jelly was crawling, and twisting, getting stronger and weaker !!

I shouted to my room mate...
I said, lets check it out from the lake..

We ran out within 30 secs. and ran to the lake.. actually on the lake..coz the lake is frozen !

Well, by that time, it became very weak !! But yah !! I know what I saw..
FINALLY.. northern light !

Well, i m pretty excited and happy ! ( Even though I miss my camera)
Who thought I would come this north of the earth !
And I would repent whole life if I couldnt have seen a northern light after coming so north of the earth !

Well, i tried to take some pics using cell, but as u can guess its too dark for cell phone cams !

For those who are yet blank what m i talking about here are some pics I collected !!










































(From oulu )

The followings are from scandinavian countries.. (http://www.danielides.de/com/aurora.html) some from oulu !! You definitely need strong luck to see the last ones by your own eyes ( Unless you freeze urself sitting on the northmost north pole :D)


















































 
posted by Gagan at 1/30/2007 10:05:00 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: