Friday, July 17, 2009
I just tried a 3D demo with Nvidia 3D vision. I must say I was quite impressed.

Here is what is required.



First I tried the Nvidia demo application. There was a '3D' logo rotating and running 'into the screen' and coming out (z axis). I was just 'ok' kinda impressed with it. But then suddenly the logo jumped 'out of the screen'. I saw the logo rotating between the monitor and me!! It appeared to float totally 'outside' of the monitor. Cool !


Then I tried the Burnout paradise with the glasses on. Neat ! Even though the 3D vision crashed a few times (and I just had to restart the game), but it felt nice to drive through the roads that appeared like really spreading into the 3D space!

Then I watched few minutes of a short 3D animated movie with it. Quite interesting!

However, I kinda felt a bit weired with my eyes. It may be because I had to put on the 3D glasses on top my own glasses or may be because it was just a new experience. But surely if I would continue for a few hours, at least I would develop a headache (well, I am kinda sensitive with my vision anyways).


This I found from Nvidia web

This technology has a long way to go and it surely does hold a great potential to gamer's world.


 
posted by Gagan at 7/17/2009 02:11:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: